Dr. Tsegaye Tagesse Gatiso
Senior Researcher / Lecturer
Nussallee 21, House 1, Room 1.013
- Environmental policy analysis
- Behavioral implications of conservation policies
- Biodiversity conservation and poverty reduction
- Protected areas and PES
- Impact evaluation of conservation interventions
- Evaluating the effectiveness of PAs and their conservation strategies
- Sustainability of African and European PAs
PhD in Agricultural Economics
Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Germany
MSc Degree in Economics (Resource and Environmental Economics)
Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
B.A. Degree in Economics
Mekelle University, Ethiopia
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Scholarship (2010-2014):
PhD in Agricultural Economics, Giessen, Germany
- African Economic Research Consortium Scholarship (AERC) (June 2004-Sep 2004) Nairobi, Kenya
- June, 2017 to Present: Post-doctoral researcher
University of Leipzig/German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv)
- August 2014-May, 2016: Post-doctoral researcher
Max-Planck Institute for Evolutionary anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
- July, 2002-Jan, 2010: Lecturer
Arba Minch University, Ethiopia
- Gatiso, T.T Vollan, B. Vimal, R. & Kuehl, H. (2018). If Possible, Incentivize Individuals Not Groups: Evidence from Lab-in-the-Field Experiments on Forest Conservation in Rural Uganda. Conservation letters, 1-11.
- Gatiso, T.T., Ordaz-Neameth, I., Grimes, T., Lormie, M., Tweh, C., Kuehl, H., Junker, J. (2018). The impact of the Ebola virus epidemic on agricultural production and livelihoods in Liberia. PLOS neglected tropical diseases. 2(8):e0006580.
- Marrocoli, S., Gatiso, T., Morgan, D., Martin R. Nielsen, M. R. &Kühl, H (2018). Environmental uncertainty and self-monitoring in the commons: A common-pool resource experiment framed around the bushmeat harvest in Congo. Ecological Economics. 149 (2018) 274–284
- Ruppert Vimal, Gatiso,T.T &Raphael Mathevet. (2018). Monitoring in tropical national parks: the power of indicators. Conservation and society. 16(1). 76-90
- Ruppert Vimal, Maude Khalil-Lortie, Mundry Roger, Gatiso, T.T (2018). What does community participation to nature protection mean? The case of tropical national parks in Africa. Conservation Evidence.45 (4). pp. 333-341
- Wossen, T., Gatiso, T.T and Kassie, M. (2018). Fertilizer adoption and agricultural productivity: Empirical evidence from Ethiopia. Food and Energy Security. DOI: 10.1002/fes3.156
- Isabel Ordaz-Németh, Mimi Arandjelovic, Lukas Boesch, Gatiso, T. Trokon Grymes, Hjlamar Kuehl, Menladi Lormie, Colleen Stephens, Clement Tweh, Jessica Junker (2017).The socio-economic drivers of bushmeat consumption during the West African Ebola crisis. PLOS neglected tropical diseases, 11(3).
- Gatiso, T.T. (2017). Households’ dependence on community forest and their contribution to participatory forest management: evidence from rural Ethiopia. Environment, development and sustainability, 1-17.
- Gatiso, T.T. & Vollan, B (2016). Democracy and cooperation in commons management: Experimental evidence of representative and direct democracy from community forests in Ethiopia. Environment and Development Economics, 22(2), 110-132.
- Gatiso, T.T., Vollan, B. & Nuppenau, E-A (2015). Resource Scarcity and Democratic Elections in Commons Dilemmas. Experimental evidence from community forests in Ethiopia. Ecological Economics. 114, 199-207.
- Gatiso, T.T. and Tesfamicheal Wossen (2014). Forest dependence and income inequality in rural Ethiopia: evidence from Chilimo-Gaji community forest users. International Journal of Sustainable Development and Ecology. 22:1, 14-24
Last updated: Monday, March 02, 2020