Economic Modeling of Agricultural Systems Group
Head: PD Dr. Wolfgang Britz
(for mail: Nußallee 21)
53115 Bonn, Germany
The focus of our work is on the development and application of economic simulation models from farm to global scale to analyze quantitatively questions in the agri-food system related to sustainability and provision of eco-systems services by agri-food systems. Recent examples relate to optimal farm management and investment strategies in a changing market and policy environment considering risk, regional scale analysis of structural change and nutrient exchanges between farms in Agent-Based Models and long-term projections of the global food system.
The working group, established in 2017, serves as a hub for economic modeling in research and teaching at institute and faculty level. Master students enrolled in our AFECO program can obtain a minor in economic modeling based on our courses.
We collaborate in numerous projects within international research networks, and offer our students and young researchers an internationally oriented teaching and research environment.
Last updated: Thursday, March 14, 2019
- New H2020 research project BATMODEL, 2020-2024
- Contribution to DFG Excellence cluster Phenorob, 2020-2024
- New H2020 research project MINDSTEP, 2019-2023
- New BMBF research project BEST, 2019-2022
- New BioSC research project Transform2Bio, 2019-2022
- GTAP research fellow award for Wolfgang Britz
- Aus unserer Forschung: Oekonomische und oekologische Bewertung eines Glyphosatverzichts am Beispiel der Silomaisproduktion in Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Long-term impacts of bio-based innovation in the chemical sector: a dynamic global perspective (2020) Nong, D., Escobar, N., Britz, W., Börner, J. (2020): Long-term impacts of bio-based innovation in the chemical sector: a dynamic global perspective, Journal of Cleaner Production, online 8th July 2020
- Linking Global CGE Models with Sectoral Models to Generate Baseline Scenarios: Approaches, Challenges, and Opportunities (2020) Delzeit, R., Beach, R., Britz, W., Chateau, J., Freund, F., Lefevre, J., Schuenemann, F., Sulser, T., van Ruijven, B., Weitzel, M., Willenbockel, D., Wojtowicz, K. (2020): Linking Global CGE Models with Sectoral Models to Generate Baseline Scenarios: Approaches, Challenges, and Opportunities, Journal of Global Economic Analysis 5(1): 162-195
- Can Food Waste Reduction in Europe Help to Increase Food Availability and Reduce Pressure on Natural Resources Globally? (2020) Jafari, Y., Britz, W., Dudu, H., Roson, R., Sartori, M. (2020): Can Food Waste Reduction in Europe Help to Increase Food Availability and Reduce Pressure on Natural Resources Globally?, German Journal of Agricultural Economics 69(2): 143-168
- Coupling crop and bio-economic farm modelling to evaluate the revised fertilization regulations in Germany (2019) Kuhn, T., Enders, A., Gaiser, T., Schäfer, D., Srivastava, A., Britz, W. (2019): Coupling crop and bio-economic farm modelling to evaluate the revised fertilization regulations in Germany , Agricultural Systems