Chair of Agricultural and Food Market Research
Dr. Monika Hartmann
Office hours for students by appointment with the secretariat: thursday 15-16.
The market research team consists of 12 staff members who are involved in research, teaching and administration.
Our research covers qualitative and quantitative analysis with respect to agricultural and food markets on the national as well as international level. We have collaborations with leading research institutes worldwide. Agricultural and food market research has many interesting theoretical and empiric facets that we highlight in research and teaching. In our scientific work, we focus on a pluralism of methods which is adjusted to the various scientific questions. By incorporating research projects in seminars and lectures, we strive for a close alliance of research and teaching. Among others major reseasrch projects deal with manifold aspects of consumer behaviour such as perception, preferences and willingness to pay.
Web-Organisation: Maria Knaut, Last Updated: Monday, April 15, 2013
- Dr. Carola Grebitus
Asst. Prof. of Food Industry Management at the
Arizona State University, USA
- Annual Award "Stiftung Goldener Zuckerhut", 2011
for Julia Hoffmann
- Langen, N., Grebitus, C. und Hartmann, M. (2013): Success factors of Cause-related Marketing in Germany, Agribusiness 29 (2): 207-227. Link
- Hirsch, S., Gschwandtner, A. (2013): Profit persistence in the food industry: evidence from five European countries, European Review of Agricultural Economics, forthcoming.
- Hartmann, M., Heinen, S., Melis, S. und Simons, J. (2013): Consumers' Awareness of CSR in the German Pork Industry, British Food Journal, Band 115 (1), S. 124-141
- Mueller Loose, S., Peschel, A. und Grebitus, C.(2013): Quantifying effects of convenience and product packaging on consumer preferences and market share of seafood products: the case of oysters. Food Quality and Preference, in press
- Menapace, L., G. Colson and R. Raffaeli (2012) Risk aversion, Subjective Beliefs, and Farmer Risk Management Strategies. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. forthcoming.
- More Publications