- Projects with External Funds
- Current Dissertation Projects
- Finalized Dissertations
- Quantitative Economic Simulation Tools
- Projects with External Funds
- Research Areas until 2002
Integrated Impact Assessment of an Increase in Biofuel Demand in Europe: The Economic and Technological DimensionProject for IPTS/DG-JRC, Sevilla, Call for tender No. No J05/32/2008
- The main task of the project is to improve the analytical capacities for quantitative assessment of first and second generation bio-fuels production in Europe on agricultural markets, farm income and the environment, based on an extension of the CAPRI modelling system. The extended system will then be applied for impact assessment of bio-fuel policies. The project encompasses the following sub-tasks:.
- Development of a biofuel component for CAPRI which includes European biofuel supply and global trade
- Integration of a response surface of the energy model PRIMES in CAPRI to derive endogenous biofuel demand
- Reference run for 2020 and counterfactual scenarios to test new system
- Project period: 01/2009-04/2010
Adaptation of the agricultural sector model CAPRI to cover the European biofuel market
- Integration of bio-ethanol and bio-diesel in the global market model of CAPRI
- Definition of suitable behavioral function for biofuel processing to derive endogenous biofuel feedstock demand
- Development of a first prototype module for second generation biofuels
Linking of the CAPRI model with an energy model PRIMES
- Estimation of a response surface from existing PRIMES simulation results
- Integration of the response surface into CAPRI
- Discussion of suitable biofuel scenarios with the PRIMES team
- Implementation of suitable biofuel scenarios for 2020 and 2030 in line with requirements of the EU Commission (IPTS)
- Scenario runs with the new developed CAPRI biofuel module and analysis of results
- Institute for Food and Resource Economicis, Chair of Economic and Agricultural Policy, University Bonn (co-ordinator)
- Athens University, Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS)
Publications related to the project
Wolfgang Britz and T. Hertel: Impacts of EU biofuels directives on global markets and EU environmental quality: An integrated PE, global CGE analysis , Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment , p. in press Link...
Arno Becker, Marcel Adenäuer and M. Blanco Fonseca: Impacts of European biofuel policies on agricultural markets and environment under consideration of 2nd generation technologies and international trade , selected paper presented at the IATRC Public Trade Policy Research and Analysis Symposium "Climate Change in World Agriculture: Mitigation, Adaptation, Trade and Food Security," June 27 - 29, 2010, Universität Hohenheim, Stuttgart (Germany)
Wolfgang Britz and T. Hertel: Impacts of EU biofuels directives on global markets and EU environmental quality: An integrated PE, global CGE analysis , in: Integrated Assessment of Agriculture and Sustainable Development (AgSAP), 10-12 March, 2009, Egmont an Zee (The Netherlands) , p. 144-145
Current project team in Bonn
Last Updated:Thursday, January 05, 2017
- Machine learning in agricultural and applied economics Storm, H., Baylis, K., Heckelei, T. (2019): European Review of Agricultural Economics, jbz033: 44 pagesInterdependence between cash crop and staple food international prices across periods of varying financial market stress Amrouk, E. M., Grosche, S., Heckelei, T. (2019): Applied Economics: 16 pages.Household Welfare Implications of Better Fertilizer Access and Lower Use Inefficiency: Long-Term Scenarios for Ethiopia Engida, E., Srivastava, A. K., Kuhn, A., Gaiser, T. (2019): Sustainability 11 14(3952): 24 pages.International Interdependence between Cash Crop and Staple Food Futures Price Indices: A Dynamic Assessment Amrouk, E. M., Heckelei, T., Grosche, S. (2019): Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics: 1-22Economic Valuation of an Urban Lake Recreational Park: Case of Taman Tasik Cempaka in Bandar Baru Bangi, Malaysia Othman, J., Jafari, Y. (2019): Sustainability 11 (11)(3023): 15 pages.Heterogeneous impacts of neighbouring farm size on the decision to exit: evidence from Brittany Saint-Cyr, L. D. F., Storm, H., Heckelei, T., Piet, L. (2018): European Review of Agricultural Economics: Volume 46(2):237-266.Heterogeneous impacts of neighbouring farm size on the decision to exit: evidence from Brittany Saint-Cyr, L. D. F., Storm, H., Heckelei, T., Piet, L. (2018): European Review of Agricultural Economics: Volume 46(2):237-266.Conventionalization of Organic Farms in Germany: An Empirical Investigation Based on a Composite Indicator Approach Seidel, C., Heckelei, T., Lakner, S. (2019): Sustainability 11(10): 16 pages.The price of sanctions: An empirical analysis of German export losses due to the Russian agricultural ban Fedoseeva, S., Herrmann, R. (2019): Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics: 15 pages.
- The impacts to food consumers of a Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership Jafari, Y., Britz, W., Beckman, J. (2019): Bio-based and Appplied Economics 7(2).Coffee value chains on the move: Evidence in Ethiopia Minten, B., Dereje, M., Engida, E., Kuma, T. (2019): Evidence in Ethiopia, Food Policy 83: 370-383.Agricultural non-CO2 emission reduction potential in the context of the 1.5 °C target Frank, S., Havlik, P., Stehfest, E., van Meijl, H., Witzke, H.-P., Pèrez Dominguez, I., van Dijk, M., Doelman, J. C., Fellmann, T., Koopman, J. F. L., Tabeau, A., Valin, H. (2019): Nature Climate Change 9: 66-72.