- Current research grants
- Finished research grants
- Current Dissertation Projects
- Finalized Dissertations
MIND-STEP (2019-2023) - Modelling Individual Decisions to Support the European Policies Related to Agriculture
The 4-year Horizon 2020 project MIND-STEP (770747, 2019-2023) - Modelling Individual Decisions to Support the European Policies Related to Agriculture, funded by the EU, aims to improve exploitation of available agricultural and biophysical data and will include the individual decision making (IDM) unit in policy models.
Objectives of the project:
- To develop a highly modular and customizable suite of Individual Decision Making (IDM) models focusing on behaviour of individual agents in the agricultural sector to better analyze impacts of policies
- To develop linkages between the new IDM models and current models used at the European Commission to improve the consistency and to broaden the scope of the analysis of policies
- To develop an integrated data framework to support analysis and monitoring of policies related to agriculture
- To apply the MIND STEP model toolbox to analyze regional and national policies and selected EU CAP reform options and global events affecting the IDM farming unit, working together with policymakers, farmers and other stakeholders
- To safeguard the governance and future exploitation of the MIND STEP model toolbox
- John Helming, WUR, The Netherlands (coordinator)
- 11 partners from seven countries in Europe (The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Spain, Norway and Hungary)
More information on the MIND-STEP project can be found at its home page.
Our group contributes by its expertise in analyzing linkages and realizing integration between IDM models and large scale models. We are leading work package 4 (Development of models focusing on interaction between farmers and along agents of the supply chain). Our expertise in machine learning (ML) will be applied to integrate complex IDMs with Agent-based Models, in order to speed up simulation of large scale models regarding impact of European agricultural policies. Jointly with Economic Modeling of Agricultural Systems Group, we are involved in work package 2 (Data requirements for indicators on European policies related to agriculture and data management), as well as other work packages.
Last updated: Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Brexit: an economy-wide impact assessment on trade, immigration, and foreign direct investment, Jafari, Y., Britz, W. (2020): Empirica 47(1): 17-52.Efficiency differentials in resource-use among smallholder cassava farmers in southwestern Cameroon, Molua, E. L., Tabe-Ojong, M. P., Meliko, M. O., Nkenglefac, M. F., Akamin, A. (2019): Development in Practice: 11 pages.New insights on efficiency and productivity analysis: Evidence from vegetable-poultry integration in rural Tanzania, Habiyaremye, N., Tabe-Ojong, M. P., Ochieng, J., Chagomoka, T. (2019): Scientific African 6(e00190): 11 pages.Explaining farm structural change in the European agriculture: a novel analytical framework, Neuenfeldt, S., Gocht, A., Heckelei, T., Ciaian, P. (2019): European Review of Agricultural Economics 46(5): 713-768.Machine learning in agricultural and applied economics Storm, H., Baylis, K., Heckelei, T. (2019): European Review of Agricultural Economics, jbz033: 44 pagesInterdependence between cash crop and staple food international prices across periods of varying financial market stress Amrouk, E. M., Grosche, S., Heckelei, T. (2019): Applied Economics: 16 pages.Household Welfare Implications of Better Fertilizer Access and Lower Use Inefficiency: Long-Term Scenarios for Ethiopia Engida, E., Srivastava, A. K., Kuhn, A., Gaiser, T. (2019): Sustainability 11 14(3952): 24 pages.International Interdependence between Cash Crop and Staple Food Futures Price Indices: A Dynamic Assessment Amrouk, E. M., Heckelei, T., Grosche, S. (2019): Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics: 1-22Economic Valuation of an Urban Lake Recreational Park: Case of Taman Tasik Cempaka in Bandar Baru Bangi, Malaysia Othman, J., Jafari, Y. (2019): Sustainability 11 (11)(3023): 15 pages.