- Projects with External Funds
- Current Dissertation Projects
- Finalized Dissertations
- Quantitative Economic Simulation Tools
- Projects with External Funds
- Research Areas until 2002
Back to mainpage
The chair for economic and agricultural policy focuses its research on analyzing agricultural and food policies. Policies under consideration cover traditional agricultural policy (income support, trade policies and agri-environmental programs) but also more recent policy issues related to agriculture and food as indicated in the core research lines below. Methodologically, our team develops and applies different economic simulation models and econometric techniques.
Core research lines
The chair links via various grant funded projects to the German and European research area, sponsored inter alia by the German Science Foundation, the Federal Ministry for Education and Research, and the Research Framework programs of the EU Commission. A close co-operation with EUROCARE, a consulting specialising in quantitative policy impact analysis, supports the access of graduate students and post docs to applied research projects, and helps transfering our scientific findings to stakeholders.
Last Updated:Thursday, November 27, 2014
- Effect of mineral fertilizer on rain water and radiation use efficiencies for maize yield and stover biomass productivity in Ethiopia Srivastava, A. K., Mboh, C. M., Gaiser, T., Kuhn, A., Engida, E., Ewert, F. (2019): Agricultural Systems 168: 88-100.Assessing Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security of the EU Food System—An Integrated Approach Zurek, M., Hebinck, A., Leip, A., Vervoort, J., Kuiper, M., Garrone, M., Havlik, P., Heckelei, T., Hornborg, S., Ingram, J. S., Kuijsten, A., Shutes, L., Geleijnse, J. M., Terluin, I., van´t Veer, P., Wijnands, J., Zimmermann, A., Achterbosch, T. (2018): Sustainability 10(11)(4271): pp. 1-16.Explaining farm structural change in the European agriculture: a novel analytical framework Neufeldt, S., Gocht, A., Heckelei, T., Ciaian, P. (2018): European Review of Agricultural Economics jby037: pp. 1-56.Brexit: an economy-wide impact assessment on trade, immigration, and foreign direct investment Jafari, Y., Britz, W. (2018): Empirica: 1-36.Heterogeneous impacts of neighbouring farm size on the decision to exit: evidence from Brittany Saint-Cyr, L. D. F., Storm, H., Heckelei, T., Piet, L. (2018): European Review of Agricultural Economics jby029: pp. 1-30.Risk of increased food insecurity under stringent global climate change mitigation policy Hasegawa, T., Fujimori, S., Havlik, P., Valin, H., Bodirsky, B. L., Doelman, J. C., Fellmann, T., Kyle, P., Koopman, J. F. L., Lotze-Campen, H., Mason-D Croz, D., Ochi, Y., Pèrez Dominguez, I., Stehfest, E., Sulser, T. B., Tabeau, A., Takahashi, K., Takakura, J. y., van Meijl, H., van Zeist, W.-J., Wiebe, K., Witzke, H.-P. (2018):
Risk of increased food insecurity under stringent global climate change mitigation policy, Nature Climate Change 8: 699-703.Does the current trade liberalization agenda contribute to greenhouse gas emission mitigation in agriculture? Himics, M., Fellmann, T., Barreiro-Hurle, J., Witzke, H.-P., Perez Dominguez, I., Jansson, T., Weiss, F.(2018):
"Does the current trade liberalization agenda contribute to greenhouse gas emission mitigation in agriculture?", Food Policy article in pressMajor challenges of integrating agriculture into climate change mitigation policy frameworks Fellmann, T., Witzke, H.-P., Weiss, F., van Doorslaer, B., Dusan, D., Huck, I., Salputra, G., Jansson, T., Leip, A. (2018):
"Major challenges of integrating agriculture into climate change mitigation policy frameworks", Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change 23(3), pp 451-468Metrics, models and foresight for European sustainable food and nutrition security: The vision of the SUSFANS project Rutten, M., Achterbosch, T., de Boer, I., Crespo Cuaresma, J., Geleijnse, M., Havlik, P., Heckelei, T., Ingram, J. S., Leip, A., Marette, S., van Meijl, H., Soler, L. -G., Swinnen, J. F., van't Veer, P., Vervoort, J., Zimmermann, A., Zimmermann, K. and Zurek, M. (2018):
"Metrics, models and foresight for European sustainable food and nutrition security: The vision of the SUSFANS project", Agricultural Systems 163, pp.45-57